Tuesday 15 July 2014

Courting Trouble*

Hey guys

I apologise for the lack of regular posts. I've been very busy with work and life and just haven't had the time to sit down and blog but I'm back this week with a book review.


Courting Trouble Kathy Lette Book Review



I came across Courting Trouble by Kathy Lette whilst browsing NetGalley and was received approval for a copy.

 Description

Tilly has the day from hell when she's sacked from her barristers' chambers in the morning, then finds her husband in bed with her former best friend in the afternoon. She escapes to her mother, Roxy - a sassy solicitor whose outrageous take on men, work and family life is the despair of her more conventional daughter. Roxy comes up with a radical plan for their future - they'll set up an all-female law firm which will only champion women who have been cheated, put upon, attacked, ripped off or ruined by the men in their lives.

In court, Tilly finds herself up against Jack Cassidy, the smooth-talking, politically incorrect, legal love god who broke her heart at law school. Jack is fluent in three languages – English, sarcasm and flirtation… but if he's so loathsome, then why is she committing Acute Lust in the 3rd degree?

When a case lands on the doorstep that threatens to change all their lives, Tilly finds herself dangerously close to taking the law into her own hands… Will Jack's cunning ways and expertise in emotional break and enter derail her quest for justice? Or will the women take on the boys… and win?

Thoughts

When I read the description I wasn't quite sure how I would find this book as it's quite different to what I usually read (it's more of what I would watch) but since I'm trying to read different type of books I decided to try it. And I'm pleased to say it didn't disappoint. This is the first book I've read of Kathy Lette and it probably won't be my last. She has a hilarious, sarcastic, witty way of writing which is just my kind of humour.
Another reason why I liked this book is that it's taken an important, relevant topic about women equality and made it relatable. This is a must read especially if you're all for feminism and women equality!

You can find this book at Amazon and is available to pre-order.


No comments:

Post a Comment