Wednesday 5 February 2014

January favourites

Hey guys!

So January is over so of course I have to do a summary of my favourites for this month.
 
I have so many!!! As many of you guys out there, I'm sure January resulted in doing a lot more shopping than usual... so it's been difficult to try and narrow down my selection so this post doesn't get too long and boring.

Nail Art collection

Predictably, one of my favourites is nail related.
This first item, like most of my purchases, was not planned. I walked into TK Maxx looking to buy new gym gear but I wandered over to the beauty section. I had already resisted buying stuff from this section a couple of months ago and I think I wanted to convince myself that there was nothing there to buy. Most of the appealing stuff had items missing or had spilt or otherwise defected. I was on my way downstairs when this packet with the title 'Nail Art' caught my eye. I couldn't walk away from that now could I?


nail art lacquers striping





nail art lacquers striping


It contains 7 polishes and 1 sealer. The reason why I really like this is because it allows me to create intricate designs which I can't always do with striping tape. It does take a bit of practice especially when it comes to using my left hand to paint my right hand but practice makes perfect!


Real Technique brushes


I finally jumped on the bandwagon and bought myself some real technique brushes. I decided to buy a set from amazon because I don't like buying individual brushes as I find it can be quite expensive ( and these were also on offer).

real technique brushes core collection


 I bought the Core collection set containing a detailer brush, pointed foundation brush, buffing brush and contour brush. My favourite is the detailer brush as it's great for highlighting my eyebrows.
These brushes are so soft and great at applying the make up evenly.
I also love that the case doubles up as a stand!



real technique brushes core collection





real technique brushes core collection



Trainers

The next favourite is a pair of trainers. I was getting tired of my gym shoes so I said I would get myself a new pair of trainers which would also help motivate me.
I searched everywhere and finally found a pair from Sports Direct.


purple pink nike running shoes




purple pink nike running shoes


 I love that they're pink and purple especially as purple is my favourite colour! They make my gym outfit that bit more interesting and a bit more girly! They're also really comfortable which is important for any shoes but especially shoes being worn during exercise. They seem durable and I'm sure these shoes will last me a long time.

Any.do

My last favourite is a new app I discovered on my tablet. As a student, it's important to be organised. Along with everybody else I made the 'resolution' of trying to get more organised. I'm actually quite organised but when things get busy it's easy for things to slip my mind. So when browsing the Google Play Store as I do when I'm bored, I came across the Any.do app.


any do app student organisation



When the reminder comes up you can't miss it. You can decide to tick that you've done it, dismiss it (not really a good idea), or snooze it for 15 mins, 3 hours, or even to the next day. You could be like me and snooze it until you finally get around to doing it...


any do app student organisation

Another great thing about this app is that you can synchronise your account between different devices. So I can download it on my iPhone (or another android device if you have one) as well which results in me being reminded twice, so you basically don't have an excuse anymore for forgetting.



That rounds up my favourites for January. What have been your January favourites? Do let me know, or leave your links below as I would love to see them!

Thank you for reading!

10 comments:

  1. What a great post. Loved everything. The Nail Kit looked fantastic, I have and love the brush set, I covet tiyr trainers and am now downloading the app.I have followed on bloglovin' and can't wait to read more. Would love it if you popped across to see me on http://www.lippylikes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You've got a great blog and I'm actually already following it! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! :) x x

      Delete
  2. Good shopping :)
    Let me surprise you... I haven't bought anything from any sales for myself last month. The only shopping which occurred was while we were away to our holiday apartment and we got a few essentials for the flat.
    Soon this shopping diet will be repaired though ;)

    Lu. www.balgarka.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's shocking! Haha but like you said I'm sure you'll be shopping again soon. Before these purchases I hadn't shopped in ages> I had a major relapse... ;)

      x x

      Delete
  3. Love the look of the Nail Art collection, I can see you having lots of nail fun with this one- I know I would!!!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! I'm having a lot of fun with it :) haha x x

      Delete
  4. Your new trainers are soooo beautiful! And i'm glad you like the Real Techniques brushes :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) and yeah you were right, I do love the brushes! I want to buy more! Haha x x

      Delete