Thursday 9 January 2014

#theskinproject- moisturise


Hey guys 

This week's post for the skin project is all about moisturisers.

This is an important step in having a healthy skincare routine no matter the type of skin you have. It helps to give a good base so that when you put your make up on it doesn't look dry and flaky or greasy if you have oily skin.

Personally, I have oily skin and at times it may seem like skipping moisturising would help but it fact it would have the opposite effect. I've never not moisturised my face after washing it as my skin gets dry and which isn't a good base to have.

I've used my fair share of moisturisers but the one I've used for a long time is an oil balancing moisturiser from simple. 


Image from boots.com

This a great moisturiser and does the job without making my face greasy. It's only let down is that it doesn't contain SPF which would be nice but I'm very hesitant to try a new moisturiser as when I do they have been a massive let down and a waste of my money.

What moisturisers do you use? I'd love to know. Maybe you'll tempt me to try a new one!

Thanks for reading!

x x


2 comments:

  1. Ahh it's been so long since i've commented here! I've heard so much about simple brand but it's not available here where i live :) i have combo skin, it's more dry these days but i still get oily in my t-zone but i never skip moisturizer either, i just try to use one that works for my skin in a certain time! I've been using an anti wrinkle on from Corine de Farme (not sure if it's available in the UK :/) and i love because it takes care of my dry patches without making me oily :) and it's a 2 in 1 face and eye cream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2 in face and eye cream seems like a great product! I don't actually have an eye cream and I'm thinking I should. I haven't heard of that brand but like you said maybe it's not available in the UK but I will definitely check them out and see what I can find out about them :)

      x x

      Delete