Monday 30 December 2013

Beauty brand of the year

Hey guys

2013 saw me trying a load of new brands and as we come to the end I thought it would be interesting to try and decide which brand was my best for this year. 

It's a tough decision but I think I'll have to say MAC.
2013 was the year I finally gave in and bought some MAC products.


Everybody had been telling me how great their products were but I was just being cheap so kept putting off buying their products. 
Then I decided to buy a foundation as I was sick of trying cheaper foundations and none of them impressing me.
The studio fix pressed powder.
I returned like the next day to buy their skin base visage and studio fix fluid foundation.
A couple of months later I bought 2 lipsticks, translucent powder and concealer.
And I've need looked back.
I don't really have any complaints.

The prep+prime products in particular are life savers.
I am constantly battling the oiliness of my skin so I can remain shine-free for as long as possible.
The products I have from the prep+prime range (the skin base visage and translucent loose powder) have helped me achieve remaining shine free for much longer than I ever have.
And in these winter months it's basically all day!
Another brand worth the hype, but I secretly wish they would bring their prices down so I can buy the whole shop!

What has been your beauty brand of the year? Is it the same as mine? I'm always looking for new brands to try so please do let me know!

Thanks for reading!

x x

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comment on my latest blog post :)
    I see lately that all the blogger use and recommend MAC, so it seems like I'll have to give them a try too ;)

    Lu,
    www.balgarka.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea I'll have to recommend MAC. I resisted for ages but now I love them!
      Thanks for commenting too :)
      x x

      Delete
  2. I don't really have a beauty brand of the year, but my clothing band has been Emily and Fin. I've never bought any mac products but my housemate loves them!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of that clothing brand so I'm going to definitely have to check them out!
      You should try MAC! I resisted trying them for ages but no regrets now!
      Thank you and thanks for commenting! Appreciate it! :)
      x x

      Delete