Sunday 22 December 2013

#theskinproject-serum

Hey guys!

It's time for another post for the skin project!



 This time it's about serum.


I must admit, I have never used a serum before and knew nothing about the topic so this post led me to do some research into it. 

From what I found the main reason to use a facial serum is to get added nutrients and vitamins into deeper layers of your skin that a regular moisturiser may not be able to reach.
There are many types of serums such as anti-aging serums, skin brightening serums and even acne preventative serums. It's best to apply the serum after your toner and before your moisturizer.

Serums can be oil based or water based. For drier skin, it would be advisable to use an oil based serum. As I have super oily skin I would run from the oil based and use a water based one.
Serums are meant to leave your skin leaving soft and smooth giving it a nice glow... 

I don't know if I'm totally convinced to use a serum as I feel that the more I add on my face, the higher chance there is to build up oil on my face.
However I would like to know any recommendations you have and maybe you can persuade me to try them.
Do comment and let me know! 
And if you're part of this project, do post your links. I'd love to read them!

Thanks for reading!

x x


No comments:

Post a Comment